I’m just a few days away from hitting the 20-week mark. Ahhhhh! Yep, halfway through this miraculous journey.
- nausea throughout the day off and on….still (at least the vomiting has ceased)
- my appetite has picked up a little bit- all I want is vegetable lo mein, fruit, and red snapper
- I’ve gained a total of 7 lbs, after losing 4 lbs. in my first trimester
- leg cramps at night- probably from dehydration since water still makes me gag
- neck and upper back aches like crazy! There’s a prenatal massage in my near future.
My body has been going through some serious changes. Most of them have been amazing while others have been more difficult to go through but, I thank God every day for this blessing of being able to carry a life. I will never take this miracle for granted.
It has truly been a journey to even get to this point and it is still ongoing. I have to especially thank God for helping me to come across three women who do not even know the role they played in helping me to prepare my body (and mind) for pregnancy and overcoming PCOS.
- Alissa Vitti- she is an integrative nutritionist, author of Woman Code, and founder of FloLiving. I was listening to a podcast last summer that she did with Jess C. Lively and I had to find out more about this lady. She too, had PCOS and talked about how diet can really change your body. Alissa was able to get pregnant naturally at the age of 37 after doctors told her that she might not ever be able to conceive. I wrote down all of the suggestions she gave for dietary changes and I put it into action right away! I also stalked her FloLiving site almost daily and read all of her tips.
- Tierra Goes Green– I love her ‘straight up, no chaser’ approach to giving the facts on living a holistic lifestyle! I have learned so much from reading her website and Instagram posts. She also gives one-on-one consultations about what to do for your situation and help you meet your health goals.
- Gessie Thompson- I was so inspired when I read about how this beautiful lady fought against fibroids for ten years and won! Her faith and belief that she would have a baby despite all of the health problems she experienced was truly phenomenal. She is now a fertility coach and co-founder of the 90-day Hope Beyond Fibroids elimination program, helping other women to take charge of their health and fertility.
I want to thank these ladies for allowing God to use them to help others, like myself to be encouraged and more informed about how our bodies works! I am forever grateful.
To those of you who are praying, wishing, and hoping for better health and/or healthy, natural pregnancies ask God to show you what to do next, and stay in a place of love. When I changed my outlook on my situation and made up my mind to let go resentment, anger, and jealousy EVERYTHING changed.
“With God, all things are possible”. – Matthew 19:26