Sometimes I wonder if this is still a dream. Three years have gone by since God blessed us with our sweet, little Benjamin. I cried and prayed for over ten years for a healthy baby. I stayed up late nights doing research, changing my diet, and mindset.
My journey to living a healthier life does not stop with me. Since having Benjamin, I have been super careful about what I put in or on my son’s body. I always say that he is the one who fuels my love for green juice and all-organic everything, even more.
I always get asked which natural products I use on him and what do I feed him so, here are just a few of things I have used or still use that have great ingredients without all of the crap.
Why all the fuss?
For me, I do not want my son to suffer from conditions and illnesses that, in my opinion, could have been prevented. Everything we eat, drink, and put in or on our bodies has an effect.
And yes, I know you can’t prevent everything but, I’m sure going to try!
“The things we use on a daily basis should not lead to disease.
This list has products that I have personally used for my son. Some of them are not completely natural, depending on your definition but, what I look for in products are:
- no parabens
- no sulfates
- no phthalates
- no formaldehyde
- no mineral oil
- organic ingredients
Arden’s Garden– as a family, we love their cold-pressed juices and smoothies
So Delicious dairy-free yogurt
……and I always buy organic fruits and veggies!
Honest diapers ( they have the cutest prints and I love how absorbent they are! I would like to try the pull-ups next)
Sambucol Elderberry gummies for kids
Mamas (and Dads), which natural products or foods do you buy regularly for your little ones?
I want to walk into every Monday like my son, Benjamin! Full of life and energy, and trust me, he is up at 5 am sharp READY.
If Mondays are really hard for you and you feel like you’re draggin’ your wagon after hitting that alarm clock, I want you to know that you are not alone. Lots of people despise Mondays for a myriad of reasons. Maybe it’s a job that you hate, maybe you are running around all day off of fumes because you barely got any sleep the night before, or maybe you have a to-do list a mile long and you feel exhausted just thinking about it.
About two years ago, I was tired as hell of feeling down and on edge when Sunday evening would approach. I decided to change my perspective on Mondays. I was going to a job that was not fulfilling for me, grossly underpaid, and I was just not ecstatic about my life. The feeling sucks big time!
These are the top four things I do now that have really changed my life. If you follow these 4 steps consistently, I promise you your Mondays will look and feel less Monday-ish.
- Give thanks. Dedicate 5 to 10 minutes in the morning to closing your eyes and finding three things that you are grateful for. We all have something to give thanks for every single day. If you woke up to see a new day, that’s one thing right there! Repeat them over and over out loud if you need to, as you get up and get ready. Believe that God has much more waiting for you!
- You don’t have to, you get to. I got this from a beautiful mommy blogger named LauraLacquer. She and her husband are both doctors with three of the cutest, little girls. She says a change in perspective can change everything. You are probably running down the list of things you have to do, which will automatically leave you feeling forced and resentful. Instead, think of how you get to make money to provide for yourself and/or family. You get to choose how you feel today. You get to have a chance to be a blessing to someone else.
- Good vibes only. What works for me is being aware of my energy, my attitude, my demeanor. I might listen to uplifting, positive music on the way to work or a Shanel Cooper-Sykes video. I might call or text hubby and say something sweet. Basically, anything that is not feeding me good vibes, I stay away from as much as possible. Whether it’s the gossiping co-worker (because if she’s always telling you about someone else then, she’s talking about you too!) or that family member who just gets on your last nerve, find a way to stay positive. You can choose to have a great day!
So I know there are 10,001 reasons why you do not like Mondays and it’s easier to just play the blame game/ throw a pity party but, it won’t make your Monday or any other day of the week better. Let’s commit to making Mondays magical, moving, and motivational instead.
How do you make your Mondays better? Comment below if you are up for the challenge!
Summer’s here and I’m so excited that it’s the first summer where I can actually take Benjamin different places. Last summer he was still fresh out the box and I was adjusting to being a new mommy.
This time around, I’ve been trying my best to take him somewhere every day, and somewhere new at least twice a month. Hopefully, we can squeeze in some flights out of the state too. This mama gets restless when she does not see different scenery every few months.
With all of this outdoor time and running around, I’ve come across some natural, summer baby items that I currently use or have just ordered.
1. Baby Bum mineral sunscreen– this plant-based, hypoallergenic product line for babies is one of my top three right now. The mineral sunscreen is what I use on Benjamin and I love it!
I plan on trying some of their other products but, for now this sunscreen is a part of the daily morning routine before we leave the house. This super cute packaging is what caught my attention in Target!
2. Do Terra TerraShield– finding a natural bug repellant that actually works took me forever! Now that Benjamin is here, I’ve been paranoid about him getting bit by mosquitoes and other summer critters. I’ve been hearing about Do Terra for a while and figured this would be a great time to see if this product could keep the bugs away without all of the chemicals and toxins.
2. Once Upon a Farm baby food pouches– finally, organic baby food with fresh ingredients and no preservatives! I love the fact that these pouches are not sitting on a store shelf for God only knows how long. After blending, they are cold-pressed and refrigerated.
I found them in Target recently and had to stop myself from buying too many at once. They are pricier than the other brands of baby food pouches but, you get what you pay for. These are great for those summer outings when baby needs a quick snack!
What are some natural baby products that you can’t do without this summer?