Old man winter is here and if you live on the East coast, most likely he kicked in the front door this past weekend with hella’ snow and ice! Here in Atlanta, it was super cold and there was a little snow that shut down the city for a day. I was thankful for a day off from work and a little quality time with my honey bunny *wink*.
I wanted to share some health essentials that help get me through these colder days.
- Solgar vitamin D3 tablets— these are a must during the winter when we tend to stay indoors more. Help boost your mood and your immunity by popping one of these every day.
- Crane humidifier— provides relief for cough and cold, nasal congestion, and dry itchy skin.
- Bragg’s Organic Apple Cider vinegar— anytime I feel a sore throat coming on or any other sick, icky bug this is my go-to! I mix it with a little lemon juice, cinnamon and honey, and sip throughout the day.
- Coconut oil— I use this year round but, during the winter it’s my best friend. I use it in my hair, my skin, and on my lady parts when it feels like some irritation is trying to rear it’s itchy head (it works wonders!).
- Nike Hyperwarm running tights— going to the gym when it feels like 20 below outside is something I just don’t want to do. Most of the cute workout clothes are thin and will not keep me warm. These running tights by Nike, I must get!
- Arden’s Garden juices–fresh fruit and veggie juices without all of the added sugar and chemicals are a great addition to your diet during the winter. The Yoga I green juice is something I would drink every day if I could.
What are some of your winter health essentials?